Sunday, August 22, 2010

Atlas Pink Sewing Machine

I am not a collector of sewing machines per se, but I managed to acquire 10. The lastest one I found is a Pink Atlas. It turned out to be one of my favorite pieces. It came with all the accessories...the pink tin can with the atlas logo, the oil can, extra parts and so on. It is in fine working condition. It dates back to probably 1954, and the original price was $299.50. That seem like an awful lot of money in the 1950's. My question is: are there other colors other than pink? I love the pink, but would like to get one in another color. The manual that came with mine shows a light blue Atlas.

5 comments:

  1. I just bought this machine at a garage sale. I plugged it in and the motor works. It doesn't have a needle. Does this machine only sew zigzag stitch? If so, I don't think it has the right Needle plate. The belt also looks old, but everything else looks great. It doesn't have a manual, so I have no idea how to thread it. Thinking about asking the guy at the sewing machine store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see that someone else has the same machine as me! I was wondering if you knew if the opening on top was for oiling only? Did it have some weird cams? Also, could you please make me a copy of the instruction manual? I'd be happy to pay for postage or whatever! I love this machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I have searched high and low for a manual for the same machine. Is there any way that I can pay you for a copy of the manual?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally recvd my mom's pink Atlas, which i learned to sew on... so happy, but it is in bad condition. not to worry taking to my sewing repair guy. I have own several machines, but it w be wonderful to sew on this precision machine. Happy sewing. Looking for an original case, if any one has idea where I can get one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah, I just picked one up with the original case and most of the user manual the machine is very very dirty and not sure what I am going to do with it. There is rust on the 2 locking units on each side of the case

      Delete